Duration: 6 Days / 5 Nights
Tour summary: Tagbilaran Airport, Bohol – Half day Scuba Diving OR Island Hopping and Snorkeling Balicasag Island – Buenavista Cambuhat River Paddling, Community Village Tour, Loon Church, Punta Cruz Watch Tower – Tarsier Sanctuary, Bohol Bee Farm Dauis – Chocolate Hills, Loboc river cruise & Baclayon Church museum – Tagbilaran Airport, Bohol.
6 Days / 5 Nights Highlights of Bohol
If you wish to immerse yourself in beautiful Bohol and make friends with the welcoming local community then this “Highlights of Bohol Special Interest Tour” is for you!
You paddle Cambuhat River on the north west of Bohol Island, learn more about oyster culture, mangroves management and join in with the weaving of raffia using native looms. You also visit The Church of Our Lady of Light in Loon, Punta Cruz Watch Tower in Maribojoc – a fascinating triangular watch tower overlooking the seas South of Bohol. Add on the Philippine tarsier and wildlife sanctuary on the island and you have a fascinating 6 days ahead of you. Your accommodation alternates between a small bed & breakfast in a bee farm and a stay on Panglao beach.
PricingRate per person:
1 person , single bed : Php 42,640.00
2 persons, twin/double bed : Php 25,400.00 per person
3 persons, triple occupancy : Php 23,635.00 per person
*Package Rate is subject to change until further notice
*Excluding of Domestic Airfares. Please ask assistance if you would like us to arrange your domestic airline tickets.
*Rate is not applicable during Peak season
*If the hotel indicated in the package is not available, automatically package is for re-computation
Day 1 – Manila to Tagbilaran
Pick-up from your house / hotel in Manila (time tba depending on your flight) then transfer to Manila domestic airport. Upon arrival in Tagbilaran Airport our airport representative will meet you and escort you to Alona Tropical Beach Resort. Rest of the day free.
Day 2- You have a choice of (Opt.1) Half day Scuba Diving with Padi 5* Dive Centre or (Opt.2) Island Hopping and Snorkeling tour to Balicasag Island.
2 dives (dive around 09:00-09:30) includes:
- Dive equipment rental (tank, weights ,boatride and Dive guide
- Marine park fees & other surcharge for dive locations & also for Camera use.
Environmental users fee to be paid per diver per day on the spot.
Note: non-divers can relax at the Scuba Dive Center by chilling at their pool with a good book, strolling along the beach, having a drink in a local bar.
07:30 – pick-up from Alona Tropical Beach Resort
08:00 – departure from Alona Beach
09:00 – arrive in Balicasag Island. Swim on the powdery white sand beach and snorkelling in the lush coral gardens.
12:00 -13:00 Enjoy your lunch on the beach. .
14:00 – 15:00 travel back to Alona Beach
16:00 – arrive back at Alona Tropical Beach Resort
Day 3 – Cambuhat River, Oyster Farm & Village Experience
A full day tour with lunch included. We collect you from your resort between 08:00 – 09:00 and visit the following places:
– Buenavista Cambuhat River Paddling – each guest has their own paddle boat, assisted by the boatman. You then paddle as a group to the established oyster farm and a small visitor’s center on the river bank. We then relax with a provided full lunch of seafood, including oysters.
Over lunch, and also during the tour generally, your local expert guide will describe the intricate oyster culture, also how the river and mangrove trees are managed. He/she will be pleased to answer any questions you have.
– Community Village Tour – time for community interaction and a short trip up to the village brings us to the Cambuhat community. They demonstrate their skills in raffia weaving using native looms, broom making, the weaving of saguran and mats, the making of nipa thatches, brooms, hats, baskets and many more. The village walking tour will be assisted by the expert local community guides.
– Loon Church.The Church of Our Lady of Light in Loon, is the largest church in Bohol. A chapel was built in 1753 at the site of the current church, during the time of Fray Manuel de Elizalde.
– Punta Cruz Watch Tower. You visit Maribojoc, some 14 km west of Tagbilaran City, to see a curious triangular watch tower that overlooks the seas south of Bohol. From the top windows you view Cebu, Siquijor, and Mindanao. The Spanish built it in in 1796 as a look-out post against pirates. This is the most intact tower but there are remnants of similar ones in several places along the coast of Bohol, such as Panglao, Dauis, Loay, and on Pamilacan island. Today the Punta Cruz Watch Tower still provides an excellent view. The site now offers a small stall for buying drinks and snacks and makes a good spot for a picnic and a swim — although be careful when climbing on the very sharp rocks.
Back to your resort.
Day 4 – Tarsier Sanctuary and Bee Farm experience
09:00 pick up from your resort for overland travel to the Philippine Tarsier Sanctuary.
The tarsier (Carlitosyrichta), known locally as mawmag in Cebuano/Visayan and Mamag in Luzon, is an endangered species of tarsier endemic to the Philippines. The new genus is named after Carlito Pizarras, known as the tarsier man, the field manager at the Philippine tarsier and wildlife sanctuary on the island of Bohol that you will visit. Carlito is still working with the Sanctuary and you will have the opportunity to see and talk with him on your visit. (Please note: it is forbidden to touch the tarsiers. You can see them under the branches and, as they are nocturnal, kindly avoid flash photography).
By 11:30 you will travel to Bohol Bee Farm, located in Dauis. From a simple bee farm showcase, and demo farm for organic farming, Bohol Bee Farm has expanded to one of the “must see” attractions in Bohol. The bees also work part-time for the growers of hectares of maize and mango trees on Panglao: they pollinate the mangoes and fly the nectar back to the farm. You can buy delicious honey products from the farm plus local handicrafts in various localities around Bohol. The colony suffered in the aftermath of the “super typhoon” Pablo in 2012 and there are currently no bees in the demo farm.
Lunch will be in the sea view dining area of the Bohol Bee Farm Restaurant featuring organic vegetables grown on the premises.
Check in at their bed & breakfast accommodation with eight themed rooms for your one night stay here in Dauis. Enjoy your free time to use the unique cave swimming pool, relax with a traditional Hilot massage, go paddling, try raffia/basket making and/or organic farming. Or just sit back with a cold drink or two and enjoy the panoramic sea view from their wooden sundeck.
Day 5 – Chocolate Hills, Loboc river cruise incl. lunch & Church museum experience
After breakfast (included) the day tour begins at 09:00.
BLOOD COMPACT SITE (Tagbilaran City) – View the location at where the Spaniards and the Filipinos first fostered friendly relations. This is considered as the First Seed of the United Nations and the first Treaty between the brown and white races.
BACLAYON CHURCH & MUSEUM – Marvel at one of the oldest stone churches in The Philippines, with religious relics dating back to the early 16th century inside the museum.
LOAY BACKYARD INDUSTRY (Loay) – Observe the local craftsmen as they make bolos and other handmade metal crafts and transform Nipa leaves into sturdy roofing materials.
CLARIN ANCESTRAL HOUSE (Loay) – Visit a typical Boholano home, dating from 1844 and declared by the National Historical Institute to be a heritage site. View the collections of the Clarin Family, a prominent political family, displayed inside the house.
MAN-MADE FOREST (Bilar) – Feel the welcome coolness of the air and view the thousands of painstakingly planted mahogany trees.
CHOCOLATE HILLS (Carmen) – You just have to see for yourself – 1,268 haycock hills, turning brown during the dry season and considered one of the wonders of the world.
LOBOC-LOAY RIVER CRUISE – Sit back and enjoy a leisurely cruise along the Loboc-Loay River and its Nipa Palm plantations whilst enjoying lunch..
Back to your overnight hotel and air conditioned room.
Day 6 – Drop off at Tagbilaran airport
Breakfast included. After breakfast our airport representative will arrange your transfer to Tagbilaran.